Welcome to the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey (HKCS) page!
- Starting in 2013, the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey was launched with a single, comprehensive survey system to measure youth health behaviors
in Colorado. This
unified survey will be administered every other year in odd-numbered years in randomly selected schools and classrooms in Colorado.
- Over 220 schools and 40,000 youth participated in 2013 Healthy Kids Colorado Survey.
- Both state and regional data are available to provide schools and communities with data to support effective
strategies to protect the health and promote academic achievement of Colorado youth.
- The Steering Committee is comprised of members of three state agencies: the Colorado Department of Education, the Colorado Department
of Human Services’ Office of Behavioral Health, and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
The University of Colorado Denver’s Community Epidemiology and Program Evaluation Group (UCD-CEPEG) has been chosen as
the contractor to support the unified survey recruitment, administration and reporting.
- UCD has additional information on their survey webpage at: www.HealthyKidsColo.org